Garmin GPSMAP 740 GPS Chartplotter
Garmin 740s features a bright 7-inch display so it can put all the information you need right at your fingertips. The high resolution graphic display makes even fine details sharp and easily readable. It has automatic backlight control system which adjusts the brightness of the screen from the sensor. The color mode options set the background differently for night and day, giving it excellent readability at any time of the day.
Garmin GPSMAP 740 has a very fast processor which makes the screen redraw rate fast when you are scrolling around the charts. It can present the information in 2D or 3D format giving you a realistic perception of depth.
The unit comes preloaded with Garmin BlueChart g2 U.S. Coastal cartography that includes Bahamas coverage.
There are 4 connectors in the back. One for optional external GPS sensor. The second is for power and attenna cable. The third is a radar network plug and the last is for NEMA 2000 port. It can interface with some other devices like AIS or a satellite weather receiver via NEMA 2000 or a VHF radio using NEMA 0183. If you want to interface the Garmin 740s with an N2K network, you would have to purchase additional hardware. Garmin740s accepts radar input and offers full NMEA 2000 connectivity for greater convenience when adding extra sensors.
Overall, Garmin 740’s is an excellent buy because of its sharp screen resolution, fast processor, and its ease of use. You can find garmin 740 for sale on our site.
- In the box: Garmin GPSMAP 740, Top and bottom snap covers, Bail mount with built-in cable management, Knobs, Flush mount gasket and hardware, Threaded power/data cable, Protective cover, Garmin 740s Manual
- Display resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Display type: WVGA displayWaterproof with IPX7 Standard
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Internal Antenna
- NMEA input/output: NMEA 0183 compatible and NMEA 2000® certified
- Power consumption: 0.6A at 12V; 0.3A at 24V
- Comes with Preloaded maps (coastal maps)
- Has ability to add maps
- Accepts data cards: SDTM card slot
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 3,00; Routes: 10; Track log: 20,000 points; 50 saved tracks
- Garmin radar compatible
- Touchscreen design
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships’ position)
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio): yes
- Audible alarms
- Tide tables
- Sun and moon information
- 3-D map view (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Auto Guidance (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. & Canada compatible
Which Store has the Best Price Online
I’ve done some research about places to buy Garmin 740s for sale online and found that the following are among the best places in terms of price and online shopping experience. Check out for yourself and get the Garmin 740s best price you deserve.
- Free Shipping
- 20% – 75% discount
- Refurbished Units available on some models
- Usually Lowest Prices
- Return Policy 30 days of purchase with 15% restocking fees and shipping fees
- Save upto 34% discount from original price
- Free shipping
- Expedited Shipping Available
- 30 days Return Policy
- Product is in stock
- Many Optional Warranty plans offered with the products
- Great Reputation online and generally offers lowest price
- Gift-wrap is available
- FreeShipping on order over $49.00
- Return/Refund Policy
- Expedited Shipping Available
- Guaranteed Competitor Price Match
Garmin 740 Review
Garmin 740s has pretty High rating of 4 out of 5 star. Most of the owners like the fact that it is easy to use. The touch screen is sensitive and quick. It has great graphics, and has sensitive antenna which determines the location of where you are very accurately and fast. With the option of 7″ screen, it is very convenient to see the map.
Some of the user’s comments include a word of caution about the retail prices as there are 2 packages, one with Sounder and another without. So make sure when you purchase the right one.
Some dissatisfaction from owners come from the add-on software. Some maps are dark and not very usable and the software is a bit clunky.